[mailing: Dorothy's Place, PO Box 2027, Salinas, CA 93902-2027 physical address: 30 Soledad St, Salinas, CA 93901]
Everything is looking bright and new at
This is an update for our wonderful Dorothy's Kitchen supporters:
- Yay! With your extra effort, we exceeded our goal! In total, more than $164,000 was raised to repair our Kitchen and dining room floor damage.
- We received help from more than 150 individuals, many responding to the generous offer of the Nancy Eccles and Homer M. Hayward Family Foundationto match donations 1:1 up to $30,000.
- We did receive the $30,000 match, and also received a generous gift from the Haynes Family Foundation, as well as a $10,000 anonymous gift!
- We received extraordinary help from local businesses, with $65,000 coming from D'Arrigo Bros, The Nunes Company, Tanimura & Antle, Church Bros, Salinas Steel Builders, Uni-Kool Partners, Bengard Ranch, Coastline Family Farms, Andy & Phyllis D'Arrigo, Dennis & Janice Caprara, Ocean Mist, Mann Packing and NewStar Fresh Foods.
- We've also been overwhelmed with generous gifts of prepared food, food supplies and disposable dinnerware - ample supplies for sandwiches, and with the help of our ever-present angels Pacific International Marketing and Organic Girl, lots of fresh veggies and organic salads that made for great nutrition, even though we had no kitchen for a while.
- And although the administrative dust hasn't yet settled, it looks like insurance will pay for a great deal, with our expenses being the new walk-in refrigerator, plumbing repairs and joist repairs totaling a little over $31,000.
We owe a great deal to The Californianand Jeff Mitchell for creating their far-reaching awareness campaign, and encouraging our community to rally their support!
Franciscan Workers, PO Box 2027, Salinas, CA 93902-2027.
You can also donate online by tapping the DONATE button above.
Dorothy’s Kitchen, founded with the desire that all people who are hungry in our community should come and eat, Dorothy’s Kitchen meets the urgent and fundamental need for food in an atmosphere of hospitality and care.