is operated by Dorothy’s Place in partnership with Monterey County Department of Social Services, Monterey County Health Department Whole Person Care, and the City of Salinas. Located at 115 E. Lake Street, the CHSC offers special health services specifically for people struggling with chronic homelessness. We're able to do this through partnerships with many local service providers:
• Outpatient mental health treatment (Community Human Services)
• Medical/dental (Clinica de Salud de Valle del Salinas)
• Syringe exchange (Access Support Network)
• HIV/Hepatitis testing/treatment (Access Support Network)
• Monterey County Public Health Nursing|Whole Person Care
• Disabilities assistance (Central Coast Center for Independent Living)
• Evening medical clinics (CSU Monterey Bay)
• Monterey County Department of Social Services (Satellite Office)
• Monterey County Child Support Services
• Mental health outreach (Interim Inc.)
The CHSC also offers facilities for our guests and clients to use restrooms and take hot showers at no cost. Showers are individual and secure with room to change and to bring in private belongings, encouraging homeless consumers to use the facility often. This fully monitored and safe facility provides comfort and privacy to members of our community, and develops trust in clients that have been disappointed so many times in institutional settings.
The CHSC is used by our social worker staff to conduct interviews and discussions with their clients. There is classroom space used for consumer classes, staff training and community gatherings.
We are pleased and proud to partner with Monterey County Whole Person Care, a $34 million health initiative that provides carefully coordinated health care and social service supports for homeless clients that have become high utilizers of emergency and inpatient hospital systems. This newly developed “street nursing" model uses public health nursing teams with medical and psychiatric expertise coupled with our social workers to provide coordinated care that includes outreach and assistance into permanent, sustainable housing for our most vulnerable clients.
Hours: 24-hour every day, except for brief closures for maintenance